Last Updated: 12 September 2017
East Bay Sanctuary Covenant’s Message for DACA Applicants and Recipients
In light of the Trump Administration’s announcement on Monday, September 5th to end DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals), EBSC remains committed to DACA applicants, DACA recipients, and their families.
First, we want to clarify any misinformation from Monday’s announcement:
If you have DACA status, it is still valid until expiration. Monday’s announcement does not change that. “Applicants with currently pending and processing applications should attend biometrics appointments and respond to any requests for additional evidence they receive from USCIS.”
Further, information previously submitted to USCIS will not be shared with ICE unless a DACA recipient or applicant is deemed to be a threat to public safety or national security.
This is currently the status of DACA:
- USCIS will continue to process all pending INITIAL and RENEWAL applications accepted by September 5, 2017.
- USCIS will reject all other INITIAL applications after September 5, 2017.
- USCIS will continue to accept and process RENEWAL applications until October 5, 2017 from applicants whose DACA expires between September 5, 2017 and March 5, 2018.
- USCIS will reject all RENEWAL applications received after October 5, 2017.
From now until October 3rd, EBSC will hold a series of workshops to provide information for all DACA applicants or recipients and to file qualifying renewal DACA applications. Below is a list of currently scheduled workshops (we will release more dates as they become available):
- 09/13/2017 6-8 pm
- 09/16/2017 3-5 pm
- 09/19/2017 6-8 pm
- 09/21/2017 6-8 pm (Note: This workshop will be held at Longfellow Middle School in Berkeley, not at our office)
- 09/24/2017 2-4 pm
- 09/27/2017 6-8 pm
- 10/01/2017 3-5 pm
To register for a workshop, please fill out the following form:
Please note that the $495 USCIS application fee is being provided through a generous scholarship from Mission Asset Fund.