Founded in 1982, East Bay Sanctuary Covenant is dedicated to offering sanctuary, solidarity, support, community organizing assistance, advocacy, and legal services to those escaping war, terror, political persecution, intolerance, exploitation, and other expressions of violence.
- Refugee Rights Program
- Affirmative Asylum
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS)
- Permanent Residency
- Community Development and Education (CDE)
EBSC’s asylum program, one of the largest in the country, and with a 97% grant approval rate, continues to successfully provide legal status to individuals fleeing persecution.
January 31, 2018
Following the USCIS announcement on Jan 13, 2018, EBSC will resume its DACA renewal services through evening and weekend workshops.
Please note that USCIS is not accepting first time applications or advance parole applications.
If #1 or #2 is applicable to your situation, you may submit renewal applications now:
As of 01/13/2018:
- You previously received DACA, AND your DACA expires (or expired) between 01/13/2017 and 07/13/2018.
- EBSC will also help clients whose DACA will expire between 07/14/2018 and 01/13/2019. However, there is a chance of rejection for sending the renewal application too early. If this situation applies to you, please come to one of our workshops (information below) and consult with one of our attorneys or BIA accredited representatives.
The following are the dates and times of our workshops:
- Saturday, February 24 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursday, March 1st, 6-8 pm
Tuesday, March 6, 6-8 pm
Saturday, March 10th, 2-4 pm
Wednesday, March 14th, 6-8 pm
To register for one of our upcoming workshops, please go to :
or call (510) 540-5296 Monday-Wednesday, and Friday between 10 am and 4 pm.
Please note that USCIS can stop accepting renewal application at any moment. When and if it happens, we will cancel all scheduled workshops immediately
Please bring the following if you wish to renew your DACA at our workshop:
- Your work permit (or approval notice for Form I-765 if you have lost the work permit);
- Social Security Number;
- Your most recent passport (even it has been expired);
- Your annual income information if you are currently employed;
- 2 passport size photos (or you can take them in our office for $5);
- $495 Application Fee (money order or personal check) OR apply for a scholarship at lc4daca.org prior to the workshop. If you request for this scholarship, it may take an extra 3-5 days to send your renewal application. If you want us to send your renewal application to USCIS ASAP, please bring a money order or personal check for $495.;
- It is extremely important that you bring a copy of previous DACA application forms (I-821D and I-765) unless you applied for it through our office before;
- Advance Parole Document (if applicable).
East Bay Sanctuary Covenant’s Statement
On President Trump’s Executive Order To Ban Immigrants and Refugees From Entering the United States
February 1, 2017
The Sanctuary Movement was born out of the terrible civil wars and genocide in Central America in the 1980s. East Bay Sanctuary was a dedicated part of that faith-based movement. For 35 years we have provided support and solidarity to people from all over the world fleeing persecution. The current wave of racism, xenophobia, misogyny, and homophobia in the United States only strengthens our resolve to continue our work on behalf of refugees and immigrants.
We condemn the Executive Orders on immigration issued by President Trump, whose supposed purpose is to make our country safer, but in reality make us less safe and more fearful. These Executive Orders are first steps toward a closed and exclusive society. Our goal will always be to achieve an open and inclusive society in the United States and the world.