Job Posting: Development Director
East Bay Sanctuary Covenant (EBSC), Berkeley, CA
About East Bay Sanctuary Covenant:
Active in the East Bay for over 30 years, East Bay Sanctuary Covenant (EBSC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to offering sanctuary, support, advocacy, and legal services to refugees and immigrants. EBSC offers free and low-cost services to low-income, poor and vulnerable populations.
EBSC is seeking a motivated development professional to oversee and successfully complete all efforts for a two-year capital campaign and expansion of unrestricted revenue sources, to ensure the long term legacy of the organization through sustainability.
This position is based in Berkeley, California. This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative organization supporting immigrants, asylum seekers and refugees.
Initiate and oversee all fundraising activities specifically to include planning and executing a $4 million capital campaign in the first two years; additional responsibilities will include development of major giving, special events, and annual appeals.
- Lead and successfully implement a fundraising plan to achieve capital campaign objectives. Primary focus will be to raise funds from a coordinated outreach effort to individuals, private and public foundations, and corporate and municipal donors.
- Work closely with Board of Directors and stakeholder network to identify and cultivate their contacts and prospective donors; provide tools to coordinate and expand the Board’s fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate with Executive Director and key staff to develop effective messaging and materials to support capital campaign efforts and public awareness.
- Develop and manage donor meetings, fundraising events and appeals, including the annual campaign, to ensure critical fundraising goals are met.
- Act as key spokesperson to donors, prospects, and prospective stakeholders at fundraising events and community events to build awareness and support for EBSC’s work.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws; maintain accountability standards to donors and ensure compliance with ethical standards of professional conduct for fundraising executives.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years’ experience in Development.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and cultivate relationships with high net worth individuals, corporations, public and private foundations, with a proven ability to close.
- Knowledge of grant funding organizations to support capital campaigns.
- Well versed in planning and executing donor cultivation and fundraising events.
- Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to meet plan goals at key stages along the two-year time period.
- Expertise with communication and presentation skills required, verbal and written.
Ideal qualifications would also include:
- Experience in developing and executing strategic capital campaign plans from start to finish.
- A. or experience in Communications, Law, or Immigrant/Refugee Rights a plus.
- Known contacts with individuals and capital campaign funding organizations a big plus.
- Passion for human rights and social justice.
- Knowledge of Immigration, refugee and asylum issues a plus.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a competitive salary based on experience, or available as a two-year consulting job until completion of capital campaign. Interested applicants must submit your cover letter and CV by May 30, 2016. Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in East Bay Sanctuary Covenant.